Monday, July 25, 2005

Strohm Family

Generation 2, Chapter 4


"Whoah, where'd those come from!! Mom, I've finally grown boobs!" Well, okay, I'm sort of guessing that's not what Jade's thinking there, but the picture sure looks like it, doesn't it?


"I'm too sexy for these clothes!" Jade declares, planning to hit the mall her first weekend as a teen to buy a better looking outfit. Or two.


Despite her inflated opinion of herself, Jade grew up well.


Kennedy receive a "completely legal" transfer of 30,000 Simoleans from a campaign he helped run. So the Strohm family hired their original contractor (why go elsewhere when you're happy with the original) and had a second floor added onto their home. Turns out to be a good thing I sunk all but 3k of their money into the home, since 2 days later, Kennedy got slapped with a 10,000 Simoleon fine for receiving another compaign donation! So they lost the 3k they had and I had to sell off a countertop and a chair to make sure they'd have enough to pay the maid, but at least they didn't have to face the repo man. And Kennedy brought home enough money to pay the bills that had arrived that morning, so it all turned out okay!

The master bedroom has been converted into a game room and the baby's room is now the dining room. It's not shown here, but the downstairs bathroom was made smaller and the tub replaced by a shower. This is in anticipation of being able to upgrade the kitchen and add more counterspace for a dishwasher, food processor and some flowers.


And here's the new upstairs. Master bedroom (in red and black) and bathroom. Jade's room is the one in blue (picture snapped before I replaced her kids bed with a double bed) and a baby's room, currently decorated in pink, just because I wanted the room to look finished. And a Jack & Jill bathroom, between the two kids rooms.


And despite their experience the last time they added a roof onto the house, they put another one on again. We all breathed a sigh of relief when no burglar showed up!


Jade comes downstairs after her first morning as a teenager to find a birthday present waiting for her. (Okay, she was almost down to red and badly needed an aspiration boost.)


Dad's enjoying watching his daughter perform on the new drum kit.


Over the weekend, Jade bought herself 2 new outfits. This is her weekday outfit. (Kennedy's being a slacker and hasn't gotten dresed yet.)


We finally put Jade into private school. Forgot to take pictures of the Headmaster's visit, mostly because I was getting so frustrated that the idjit wouldn't get off the swing to participate in the tour! I finally deleted that sucker, because it was more annoying than anything. I kept waiting for -anyone- to want Jade in private school, but it never happened, so I finally just went ahead and took care of it, since I was tired of her low fun meter when she got home from school.


Here's Jade boarding the bus for her first day of private school. You'd think after the hoops they make you jump through to get in, they'd pick the kids up in something nicer!


Here's Jewel and a co-worker of hers having a pillow fight. I would have expected physicians to show a bit more decorum, but oh well.


"Sometimes, I'm so worried living here. I keep expecting that ugly burglar to come back!"


"You know, Jade, now that you're a teenager, we should sneak out to a concert one of these nights."
"I'd love to, if I'd ever roll up the stinking aspiration to sneak out!"


"Sweetheart, have you had that talk yet with Nery? Jade is already halfway through her teenage years and I want him to know we expect him to perform well after all the time and effort we've put into making him a family friend."
"Never fear, my love, Nery knows what's expected of him."


Meanwhile, Jade is working on trying to woo Amar. Hopefully she'll spin up the want for a first kiss or to go steady, since after this hand-holding session, they both have crushes on each other.


Jade works it some more on Amar, just to make sure he doesn't think he's going to go out with any other girl.


The way he's checking her out while collecting his tips, I don't think she's got to worry much!


"Hmm, so this is who Kennedy wants me to hook up with, eh? Not bad at all. Let's hope the promise of her looks is fulfilled when she's an adult!"


"Well, I was thinking, when we're married and I don't have to do this stupid grocery delivery job anymore, that I might like to go into business. But we'll see what lifetime want I spin up."


"Someday, when I get a guitar, I'll put on a wicked awesome concert!"


XI'm too sexy for my clothes, too sexy for my clothesW


It looks like Kennedy is about to get his desire for a second kid...


"So, what do you think about having a little brother or sister, Jade?"


"I think it's about time you and dad got around to that. I mean, what happens if the Grim Reaper decides he wants me for himself or something!"


A cute picture of Kennedy rubbing Jewel's very large belly.


"Oh my god, Melody, my parents are such freaks! My dad is standing there talking to my mom's belly! The brat isn't even born yet! Yeesh, I can't wait until I grow up and move out.... wait, I'm never getting out of this house. Darnit, I'm doomed!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home